On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Nathan Haines <nhai...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> No, I don't think it should be on every page either, but that's what
> Grant is advocating.

I don't read it that way, but we're past that now.

> In fact, I am thinking about what a dedicated page
> should look like... but I'm also wondering if it would be better off in
> a more general location and not confined to the California wiki pages.

There are ways around the toil and labor that goes behind making such a
page, if the effort is the issue. The LoCo might want to give some thought
to just linking on an appropriate page or pages to another site that lists
California LUGs. For example, you could ask the SVLUG folks if they'd mind
the LoCo linking to their list of LUGs (there's is probably the best in the
state -- whether that's saying anything is arguable), and I'd be willing to
bet they'd be OK with that.

> <snip> ... I really value our
> LUGs--they're a social group in a way that a LoCo really isn't designed
> to be, and I think that the LoCos are a wonderful way for users of all
> Linux distros to remember what they have in common.

Correct. The dynamic between LoCo and LUG is pretty clear and it works
pretty well, at least where we're concerned in Felton.

I'm pretty confident that future projects will work with LUGs whenever
> appropriate and possible.  The momentum we have going is encouraging and
> I don't see it stopping.

Agreed. Also, part of keeping the momentum going at times when we might be
at loggerheads -- like on this issue, for example -- it would benefit us to
keep in mind that we can easily reserve the right to disagree with each
other without being disagreeable to one another.

In that spirit, I welcome further discussion on this issue.

Larry Cafiero