It's pretty much been a week and I'm pleased to inform you guys that
staying on Linux kernel 3.2.0-23 won't freeze the computer.  Just make
sure you're not using the 'pae' kernel because that seems to be part of
the problem, unless you really, really need it.  It doesn't need to be
the lowlatency kernel, obviously.  This works with both Ubuntu and
Kubuntu.  One time I mistakenly kept the 'pae' and it froze my system,
so this is why I will be stressing to NOT USE THE 'PAE'.

In order to do this, you need to go onto Synaptic Package Manager and
completely remove any and all occurrences of the 3.2.0-25 kernel and
install the 3.2.0-23 kernel, image and header.  Again, NOT THE 'PAE'!!
All you'd need to do is have Synaptic look for "3.2.0-25" and then
"3.2.0-23" and you should be golden.  Then, when you reboot, go into
GRUB and make sure the kernel is correct.  You may need to go into the
"Previous Linux Versions" in order to find the older kernel.  If this is
the case, then a step was missed.

I will say that I've had a lot more reliability with the low latency
kernel, and will give a more detailed report about the older generic
kernel.  It did freeze once, but I was doing a SMART test on my hard
drive at the time.

  ubuntu 12.04 completely freezes frequently.