Hi Chris,

> I'm pretty sure Mika can still be compiled with gcc 2.95.3, J9 might be more
> problematic - but if it's physically possible the Apogee guys can do it. :-)

I don't need the latest and greatest JVM there is. Just something that works and is easy to program. Mika compiled with gcc 2.95.3 will be fine, unless I can't do the 2 things I intend to: HTTPS comms and media playback.

I need HTTPS comms and media playback. Nothing more. No touchscreen, no PDA or
phone.

And the hardware guys just told me I have 128MB RAM.

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of people here doing Java on small devices, is there? Is it a bad idea?

Regards
Jonathan