In a message dated 2/19/2004 8:07:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I am not in the killing/imprisonment business, which is what the UPC excel at.

since killing and imprisonment is  not an option for you? I ask you again..what do you intend to do with members of the UPC  who as you say, are your "mortal enemies"  (and they are many,...you do not believe ... tell Museveni to open up  the political space...)

Your buddy Ed Kirondi nonesense argument  in which he seems to imply that  members of the UPC are  very few..does not hold.

Why, because any  fool knows that any member(s)  of the UPC will not risk his or her live to come out openly in support of the UPC, if, as is the case right now in Museveni's Uganda, there is  an article  embedded in the  constitution of Uganda  which pretty much restricts  political  freedom in Uganda...

Remove the  ban and we shall see!!!

Matek

Call me any names as your intellect conjures up, to your heart's content: but it won't change an iota in those very well documented fact as I stated them.

To me, my paramount duty is clear: and that is, at all cost,  do everything humanly -- and legally -- possible to ensure that UPC is never again in position to do us harm, no matter how the UPC package themselves.

This includes constantly reminding my fellows just how much pain and horrible suffering the UPC inflicted upon us on two separate occassions, so that they may never be under any illusions as to what the true nature of the UPC is, why UPC exists, and what the UPC will surely do every single time they are given a chance as surely as a hyaena cannot change his spots!

Ssemakula

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the state."

- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels - Hitler's propaganda minister