Matek stop your foolishness and lies...has any harm come to Mr. Rwanyarare, Mr. Okumu and all those other UPC stalwarts who regular insult and tell lies on the President, if there was no political space in Uganda would they be allowed to openly oppose the President under a differing political umbrella, if it was during the UPC days Okumu and Rwanyarare would be dead or in prison....as usual you are talking out of ignorance because you have not been in Uganda for ages...you are locked into your UPC mentality of killing or eradicating your enemies as you did when you were in power (probably that was when last your were in Uganda). Therefore you think that, that is what is going on in Uganda today. In the Uganda of today poeple can openly profess their political affiliations without fear. Unlike in your time (when UPC was in power), there is rule of law in Uganda and when people go against the law they are arrested and charged (unlike in your time when they were summarily executed or imprisoned without trial). I guess the term "rule of law" is strange to you. Right now in Uganda there is freedom of political expression. Right now Uganda is under the movement system of government and the constitution clearly stipulates the acceptable political space under such a system. If and when the multiparty system is adopted as stipulated in the constitution, then the requsite or correponding political space will be triggered. All that is going on Uganda is constitutional, but then again you are not used to operating under constitutions, are you?
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ugnet_: RE: [FedsNet] UPC on Federalism
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:26:16 EST

In a message dated 2/19/2004 8:07:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am not in the killing/imprisonment business, which is what the UPC excel
> at.

since killing and imprisonment is not an option for you? I ask you
again..what do you intend to do with members of the UPC who as you say, are your
"mortal enemies" (and they are many,...you do not believe ... tell Museveni to
open up the political space...)

Your buddy Ed Kirondi nonesense argument  in which he seems to imply that
members of the UPC are  very few..does not hold.

Why, because any fool knows that any member(s) of the UPC will not risk his
or her live to come out openly in support of the UPC, if, as is the case
right now in Museveni's Uganda, there is an article embedded in the
constitution of Uganda which pretty much restricts political freedom in Uganda...

Remove the ban and we shall see!!!

Matek

> Call me any names as your intellect conjures up, to your heart's content:
> but it won't change an iota in those very well documented fact as I stated
> them.
>
> To me, my paramount duty is clear: and that is, at all cost, do everything
> humanly -- and legally -- possible to ensure that UPC is never again in
> position to do us harm, no matter how the UPC package themselves.
>
> This includes constantly reminding my fellows just how much pain and
> horrible suffering the UPC inflicted upon us on two separate occassions, so that
> they may never be under any illusions as to what the true nature of the UPC is,
> why UPC exists, and what the UPC will surely do every single time they are
> given a chance as surely as a hyaena cannot change his spots!
>

> Ssemakula

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the
people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It
thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to
repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by
extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the state."

- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels - Hitler's propaganda minister