Compatriots Ocii, EM, and the rest of us,

  This language: Puerile, foolish, stupid, bankrupt is so rampant in our forum.
 I think we need to check it.  Deployment of invective is not a healthy way to
debate.

  Personal attacks on an individual that is advancing a claim does not falsify
that claim.

  I implore you to agree with me that, we are debating on the future of about
30 Million people and I do not think we can afford to dissipate our energies by
insulting each other.  Please, Please, Please!

  I am forwarding all of us a link to a site that lays out some basic
principles of argument, also outlining 42 logical fallacies which I think we
all need to look at. Link: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/.

  Yrs,

  Compatriot (short for COMrade PATRIck OTto ) --Patrick Otto
  Palabek, Uganda

ocii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Mulindwa,

  Though I am not for federo, your argument that there is no constitution that
can allow Dr. Besigye when he comes to power to usher in federo is quite stupid
to say the least. If the person who relay to us Dr. Besigye's comment on the
issue of federo relaid it correctly, then I believe Dr. Besigye may have made
the comment without thinking it through. If Uganda must have federo, all the
provinces are going to have it whether they like it or not, especially when
those who don't like it are in the minority. So federo is not about those who
like it only. I am sure Dr. Besigye was quoted out of context! Ugandan scribes
have been bruised for long and most time don't write intelligently exuding a
good grasp of the subject matter.

  But back to your puerile argument. Constiution don't fall from heaven ready
made; constitution are crafted by those who deemed what are conctituted in are
for the good of the people. If the FDC comes to power, I am sure some areas of
the NRA/M constitution of 1995 will be thrown out, if they are not indeed
suited for the people. But I am not for federo, so the FDC will have to
convince the entire Ugandans to agree and allow for federo. Baganda cannot
force the entire Uganda to kwotow to their whimp; it is them that must abide by
democratic principles. So, if the majority of Ugandans are not for federo, they
will have to live with. If on the other hand the majority of Ugandans are for
federo then the new government will have to include into the constitution a
bill allowing for the establishment of a federal state. How to go about
ushering in federo is what will be hammered out in the process.

  So, don't be arguing like a fool! The NRA/M constitution can be amended or
even thrown out all together. NRA/M must respect its constitution first before
Ugandans in unison can respect the constitution. Mu7 failed to respect the
constitution, changing it to suit his needs. Who does he expect then to respect
that constitution? The NRA/M will be lucky if the constitution is not thrown
out all together by a new government. Failing to respect the constitution,
their own constitution, demonstrated to Ugandans that the constition is
useless. So, we are going to need a useful constition. Period.

  Ocii

Edward Mulindwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    .hmmessage P {   PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM:
0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px  }  BODY.hmmessage {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma  }        Emmy Wasiirwa

  How can I discuss substance when a man stands up and states that he will
offer federalism? The Quote is "all those regions that want a federal
arrangement get it." End quote. Eplain to me exactly how Dr Kiiza Besigye as a
new President will change Uganda from a unitary to a Federal state. And what
will happen to the regions that do not like it? And will that then be a Federal
Uganda or a Unitary Uganda? Do you know of any Federalism instituted in any
nation world over for a President or a Prime Minister instructed so? Now you
are either telling me that Dr. Kiiza Besigye is so stupid to understand how
Federalism is created or he is a plain liar.

  I need to know your pick.

  EM
Toronto