Adam Lally wrote:
<snip> I agree with that meaning of SDK, but seem to have come to the
opposite conclusion. :)  What I was proposing as uima-sdk does break
down into uimaj-core, uimaj-tools and uimaj-examples, among other
things.  It really does capture the whole SDK.
OK, I see your point. The uima-sdk would be quite different from "corpora" or "sandbox".
<snip>
I do agree that the deciding factor should be whether these code bases
are released as one.  A related question would be whether they have
the same version number.  In the past our C++ version numbers have not
been in sync with our Java version numbers, but I don't think we were
ever entirely happy with that.  Maybe a tighter synchronization of
releases would be a good thing.
I like having more synchronization (as an option, not as a requirement:-)
If we have, say, the C# framework under uima-sdk, and it has an
unsynchronized release schedule - would that be a problem or not?

-Marshall