On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 11:53 +0100, Maria Blackmore wrote:
> I'm really rather annoyed by the modern trend towards hiding
> previously seen text. It makes it hard to determine what exactly is
> being replied to unless you unhide it, and if you have to unhide it to
> make sense of it, then why is it hidden in the first place? The
> assumption that text will be hidden also gives rise to people not
> bothering to trim their responses, so when you do have to unhide text
> you end up with a giant mess to read through.

Those of us familiar with service desk software implementations grind
our teeth on a daily basis as email clients insist on posting the same
bottom-quoted information in every transaction, making finding the real
updated information like looking for a small needle in a giant
haystack.[0]

Graeme

[0] those "of a certain age" might remember a wrestler. I'd surmise that
looking for a tiny needle in Giant Haystacks was an entirely different
proposition!