(Sorry Graeme, stupid reply-to-sender rather than reply-to-list ...
now *there's* an argument)

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Graeme Fowler <gra...@graemef.net> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Those of us familiar with service desk software implementations grind
> our teeth on a daily basis as email clients insist on posting the same
> bottom-quoted information in every transaction, making finding the real
> updated information like looking for a small needle in a giant
> haystack.[0]

Couple the constant information duplication with the rapidly
increasing size of each reply, an effect exacerbated with clients set
to send mail in HTML or "rich" formats by default (lookin' at you,
Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc).

> [0] those "of a certain age" might remember a wrestler. I'd surmise that
> looking for a tiny needle in Giant Haystacks was an entirely different
> proposition!

Big Daddy would have found it, no problem.

-n