+1 - I clearly remember it being considered good manners to allow public relay
through your SMTP server.

Henry

On 07/05/2020, 14:30, "uknof on behalf of Nick Hilliard"
<uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk on behalf of n...@foobar.org> wrote:

    David Reader wrote on 07/05/2020 13:19:
    > Sat at SunOS workstations in a /16 wide open to the whole world &
    > naively exposing telnet, ftp, finger, and so on..

    At the time, it was a bit rude and neurotic not to expose all these
    services.

    Nick

'

ServerChoice is a limited company registered in England with registered number
05490180. Our registered office is: Units H-K, Gateway 1000, Arlington Business
Park, Whittle Way, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2FP.

This email and any attachment is intended for the named addressee(s) only, or
any person authorised to receive it on their behalf. The content should be
treated as confidential and the recipient may not disclose this message or any
attachment to anyone else without authorisation. Unauthorised use, copying or
disclosure may be unlawful. If this transmission is received in error please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your systems. Any
view expressed by the sender of this message or any attachment may be personal
and may not represent the view held by the Company. All electronic
transmissions to and from the Company are recorded, may be monitored and are
scanned for viruses and content. Whilst we maintain virus checks on inbound
emails, we accept no liability for viruses or other material introduced with
this message.

For information about how we process data and monitor communications, please
see our Privacy policy.
'