Bev,

Why do we do it?  Time, time, time, time.

:)

----- Original Message ----
From: Beverlee Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: understand@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 4:41:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Understand] Beginning with Chapter One

As I've been reading TU, I've increasingly considered the possibilities of
following through the process Ellin describes on page 11 with The Other Side
(one of my all-time favorites) with nonfiction and poetry.  I think the process
would be much the same, but I'm still thinking.  Sometimes I think we get 90%
of the way there (teaching to understand) and then lop off the last 10% which
would make the whole experience many times stronger.  Why do we do that???  I'm
going to be considering that as I read this book.

Bev