Peter Constable wrote:

> I'll revise my summary in relation to MS apps and Win9x/Me
>
>                          Unicode characters that can be input using
>                          Keyman 5                Keyman 6 (when released)
> Word 2000                limited by              limited by
>                          Windows codepages       Windows codepages
>
> Word 2000 w/ WordLink    all of BMP              all (planes 0 - 16)
>
> other Office 2000 apps   limited by              limited by
>                          Windows codepages       Windows codepages
>
> Word 2002                limited by              all (planes 0 - 16)
>                          Windows codepages
>
> Word 2002 w/ WordLink    all of BMP              all (planes 0 - 16)
>
> Publisher 2002           all of BMP              all (planes 0 - 16)
>
> other Office XP apps     limited by              limited by
>                          Windows codepages       Windows codepages

May I ask you to give some more explicit explanations concerning the
following scripts?
If I build an Avestan font according to Michael Everson's specifications
(Avestan characters should be in BMP, see
http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/avestan.pdf) and a Keyman
keyboard layout, would I be able to type Avestan texts in:
Word 2002, Publisher 2002, Access 2002 under Windows 2000/XP?
Is it necessary to add some special characters to Keyman keyboard to tell
Uniscribe that Avestan is a
right-to-left script? Or should this be done through the VOLT (Avestan font
needs some right-to-left kerning)? Generally, how can an application know
that a certain range of BMP belongs to a right-to-left script?
(BTW it seems to me that in Table XXX page 1 of the Avestan proposal Column
xx4 should be shifted 1 cell downward
to meet the description on page 2).
Should we wait for Keyman 6 to type Old Persian in the same applications
because this script is in Plane 1?

Thank you in advance,
Vladimir Ivanov