Philippe Verdy wrote on 06/24/2003 04:54:30 AM:

> This symbol [fleur-de-lis] is commonly found and used in some printed
books,
> sometimes as a bullet-like character, but most often to terminate a
> chapter or add "fioritures" near a title

Well, such examples are better than a sample showing a description of the
symbol and its significance. But bullets and flourishes aren't necessarily
candidates for encoding in the UCS. There are an endless number of
possible flourishes.

> often used in patterns of
> 3 symbols

If the bullet / flourish is a set of 3 f-d-l in an inverted triangular
pattern, someone would have to be proposing that combination as a
distinct, atomic character.

> royalists, when opponsed to the later Emperor supporters which used
> the Eagle, and the Republicans using branches of chest and olivetrees).

So, I suppose these are going to be proposed, too.

> A similar, culturally linked symbol is the "ermine spot", shortly
> "ermine"

And the lion, and the gryffen, and the dragon, and...

> The ermine spot seems to be found and used in
> various places, including modern book publications within text,
> where it is not only considered "decorative" but linked to a strong
> Breton reference.

Create a doc with samples.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485