Elaine Keown
        still in Texas

Dear Michael Everson:

> Or not. It depends what kinds of criteria we select,
> or don't, and it's good to know that you aren't
> prioritizing that either.

It appears to me that script experts may resemble
experts in dialects/languages:  there are lumpers and
splitters........

I'm a lumper, but I am a thinking lumper....I will be
thinking about Phoenician retrieval in early 2004....

> could you inform Debbie Anderson of this. Samaritan
> is likely to be actionable

I would be happy to inform Debbie.  The font for the
Samaritan marks is still in rough draft due to what I
did in fall.....and I had confusing email from a
Samaritan expert I consulted that needs to be
processed.....(re vowels not unification)

> is clearly a different script from Hebrew.

Different is in the eye of the beholder, I'm afraid.
Or, if you will, in the eye of the cyber-machine....

Elaine