Elaine Keown

Dear Michael:

I can send Samaritan references after I finish the
Hebrew proposal font corrections--I finally sent John
Hudson two sets of minor changes yesterday, and I have
several days' work on the others.

John Hudson has been waiting on me almost two months,
so I want to complete what he needs.

In addition, I was unable to find complete information
on Samaritan--I couldn't find any running text with
vowels that was large enough to scan for a proposal
here in Texas.  So anything I would send you now would
not be enough to write a proposal.

Today I don't know where such Samaritan manuscripts
are--I wrote someone and he sent me a very unexpected
reply.  I think my Samaritan material is the worst of
what I collected--it was really difficult to document.

It would be really important to have contacts in
Israel or Palestine or both to finish Samaritan very
well.  There is at least one active native Samaritan
researcher there who has published a few things.

Elaine