There is one big advantage with Linux, it's how it handles the memory.

It never use a swap file unless it runs out of memory and it has never
happend on my machine with 512MB ram.

Windows always use a swap file no matter how much memory it has.

My recommendation is the next time you rebuild your server go for
Linux.

Other advantages is
Fast and reliable.
No rebooting after update.
Fast boot.
No stupid licenses.
A lot of fun stuff like mp3fs.
Runs on low powered PC.
Not even the sky is the limit and so on.... jadajada. Yeah, you got the
picture.

Other than SC I run, SAMBA (Windows shares), SqueezeSlave (the server
is a SB to), Deluge (torrent client with webGUI) and Hamachi (you can
easy acces the server from anywhere in a secure way).

--
bernt

'LastFM' (http://www.last.fm/user/ottovonkopp/)
SB3, SB BOOM - SC 7.3.3 - Ubuntu Server 8.04