JohnSwenson wrote:

> Then I tried the HDMI audio, this worked (boy does it sound crappy over
> the speakers in the monitor!). But I had the infamous audio problem
> after playing for awhile. I pressed the "Quit" menu item and it was
> still having the audio problem when it came back from this. Is Quit
> restarting squeezelite? If so restarting it didn't help. A full reboot
> did help. I didn't try any of the fixes for this yet.

Set ':::0' to disable mmap in the web-gui alsa params field and hist the
'Save and Conditonally Restart' button.

JohnSwenson wrote:

> Next I tried wifi. I noticed I had two different MAC addresses, one for
> ethernet and one for wifi, I set both up as dedicated addresses in my
> DHCP server so I could always get to them and easily tell them apart. I
> used the jivelite interface to setup the wifi and it worked fine. I
> unplugged the ethernet and was happily playing music over wifi. But
> noticed something strange, the IP address reported in the jivelite
> interface was the correct IP for wlan, but the mac reported was for the
> ethernet interface, even thought the cable was not plugged in at boot
> time. I don't know if this is just a reporting issue or if something
> strange is happening with the networking.

That's by design. It doesn't take the IP address of a specific active
interface. It always takes the mac of eth0, just to uniquely identify
the player as the one configured as the systemd service. Then for fools
like me who are running more than one instance of squeezelite on a
machine, we just use any other unique mac (even a made up one) for the
other.

JohnSwenson wrote:

> This brings up a question, is there a way to turn off the wifi, or at
> least force it NOT to connect over wifi once you have configured it?

Actually, I made the 'OnBoot' param editable (so the interface is not
brought up at boot time even if it is configured), some time ago, but
removed that along with the ifup/down buttons. I'll at least add the
editable 'OnBoot' setting back and ponder adding the buttons for
interface control back. ;)