JackOfAll wrote:

> With the squeezelite config from the web-gui, that's by design. It
> doesn't take the IP address of a specific active interface. It always
> takes the mac of eth0, just to uniquely identify the player as the one
> configured as the systemd service. Then for fools like me who are
> running more than one instance of squeezelite on a machine, we just use
> any other unique mac (even a made up one) for the other.
> Not sure about jivelite behaviour. No doubt Triode will answer.

The jivelite setting menu for Squeezelite doesn't set a mac address.  I
figured that for users who don't do anything special the default
squeezelite case of picking the mac address is fine.  This is what I was
expecting most squeezelite users to use anyway!

For what squeezelite does - see line 83 onwards in
http://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/source/browse/utils.c  (on linux)