Krisbee wrote:
> Triode,
>
> Finally got round to testing adding a CIFS share via the soa-web
> interface.  It was immediatley obvious you've implemented this using
> systemd automount with fstab field values as per this example:

  >   >
  > cifs
defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,_netdev,credentials=/etc/credentials/cifs-mnt-disk1

--------------------

> I went back of my attempts to get NFS share added and mounting on
> reboot. I must have mangled my attempt to use automount params.  But
> it now works, once nfs-client.target is enabled for nfs ver3 server
> shares. I've not tested nfs4 yet.

  >   >
  > #
  > # /etc/fstab: static file system information
  > #
  > # /dev/sda2
  > UUID=37e198c3-5b7f-404e-a412-eaa83233bb93       /               ext4
    rw,relatime,data=ordered        0 1

  > # /dev/sda1
  > UUID=29c57a28-5b0c-449f-9568-d219361b23f6       none            swap
    defaults        0 0

  > # start added by soa-web
  > //192.168.0.50/archdata/CDs     /mnt/disk2      cifs
defaults,noauto,x-systemd.automount,_netdev,credentials=/etc/credentials/cifs-mnt-disk1
 0       0
  > 192.168.0.20:/media/allmusic/ToFile /mnt/disk1  nfs
ro,vers=3,noauto,x-systemd.automount,_netdev    0       0

--------------------

> This fstab gives the following stoarage.html display, which raises
> it's own questions.
>
> '[image: http://s3.postimg.org/uum8lc8dr/soa12.jpg]'
> (http://postimg.org/image/uum8lc8dr/)
>
> Should the systemd autofs entries be shown?  What does it mean to
> umount is this case?  Why display the mount params as displayed by the
> mount command, as opposed to those entered by the user and which
> appear in the mount unit files generated from the fstab by systemd?

So this is a consequence of using automount - I tried to change as
little as possible from the previous version on fedora but as per a
use of automount.  I'm wondering if network manager would be a better
solution for these problems - are you using it ok on arch?