dafiend wrote:
> But USB is a purely digital, bit-perfect connection. I don't see how it
> would affect the digital-analog conversion in any way. Anybody care to
> explain? From my (surely incomplete) understanding, USB audio interfaces
> usually work just as well as sound cards directly hooked up to the
> board. Yeah, you may need a USB buffer of 1-2 ms or so to account for
> slightly higher latency of USB, but that's about it.

I don't think anyone was questioning any of this. I merely asked what
was the difference between the USB connection for USB DACs and the
internal I2S that DACs like the HifiBerry use, that's all. The Hifiberry
isn't ridiculously expensive. Seriously. Most USB DACs are stupidly and
unnecessarily expensive and cost way more than 30 euros.

I'm the last person that would say there should be any difference.

'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/probedb)