dafiend wrote:
> Well, maybe I misunderstood as I'm not a native speaker. But to me his
> comment seems to suggest USB is inherently more problematic as "going
> through USB adds a couple of extra steps in the digital to analog
> process."

Well it does. It doesn't say that it affects it in anyway. But it does
have to go through a couple of extra steps before it gets to the DAC.
That's all. Nowhere does it say this is bad and detrimental to the
sound.

dafiend wrote:

> Like this one?
> http://thepihut.com/products/usb-audio-adapter

There are no specs on that DAC so there could be anything in there.
However I'm sure it'd work fine. But still, you can't call the HifiBerry
expensive....at all. Even my FiiO E7 was 3 times the price of it and I'd
regard that as a very sensibly priced DAC/headphone amp.

Why do you seem to be trying to pick a fight and argue over something
that was never said?

'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/probedb)