Mr. Floppy wrote:
> I add two additional comments to my first post. I am sure you can answer
> one of them. Can you control the volume with LMS without loosing
> quality?
>
> thx

The Nano has its own volume control, with regard to the HiFiberry dac
board, it uses (I think) the same dac chip (maybe the suffix is
different) as the IQAudio board and it is possible to alter a lot of
things with that.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?37480-Analog-Dinosaur-succumbs-to-the-joys-of-FBA-enter-Raspberry-Pi-2-IQ-Audio-DAC-!!/page133

Better to ask at Crazy Audio about their implementation of the DAC.

If you use a Nano then that is USB, so your choice of volume setting is
from the two offered on the Settings>Player>Audio page.

Again, SQ is in the buccaneers!!