Unfortunately, I am a Linux dilettante and am pretty much baffled by
buildme.sh and the logging it produces. *BUT* the issues you both are
having are almost certainly related to the Perl version of the jail vs
the one used for the build.

Check to see if the version of Perl changed when you did the pkg
installs. At the time I did this it was 5.20.2 but it could be something
else now. If so, you will need to change the commands creating the
symbolic links (ln -s -f ...) to the new path.

I'm sure that someone who truly understands how the build script works
could modify it to work properly with FreeBSD but I'm not that guy. I
tried several times to do so when I was working through this process and
none of the things I tried were successful. For whatever reason, without
creating those symbolic links first, the script failed with similar
logging output.

Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage],
LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic
-> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot,
120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1]
-> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out
-> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.