Erik S wrote:
> I can't get LMS to start, so I will list my steps.
>
> I downloaded the file @ http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=jtuvqvEJ and
> opened it with notepad. I created the file lms.b64 in my LMS jail
> directory /tmp/lms. I pasted the block of unreadable text from the
> downloaded file into the lms.b64 file I created. In my LMS jail shell I
> ran the command openssl enc -base64 -d < lms.b64 > /tmp/lms. This
> created the file lms with no extension in the /tmp/lms directory. In
> windows explorer I copied the new lms file into my LMS jail directory
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/. I restarted the jail and then tried to navigate my
> browser to 192.168.1.22:9000 (this is the IP of my LMS jail) and I get
> the message " Can't reach this page". I went back to my LMS jail shell
> and ran the commands "service lms start" and "service lms stop". In both
> cases I get the message "lms does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local
> startup
> directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d).
>
> Any idea where I went wrong
>
> Thanks

Do not open the file in notepad; download it directly to the directory
in your LMS jail. After you create the lms file using openssl, do not
copy the file using Windows explorer; use the Linux mv command instead:

    mv lms /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
--------------------

Make sure you set the proper permissions on the file. That is the
purpose of these lines:

    chown root:wheel /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms
  chmod 555 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms
--------------------

As it turns out, all of the commands are there for a reason. It's fine
to find your own way, but you have to know all the milestones along
it...

Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage],
LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic
-> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot,
120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1]
-> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out
-> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.