JackOfAll wrote:
> I had a conversation with a friend last weekend, that still thinks I'm
> mad..... (Well, everyone thinks I'm mad..... Oh yes, I'm insane.....)
> Anyway I was trying to explain why you would even want to disable the
> on-board wifi, when an external dongle is an additional expense. Wifi is
> wifi, right? You either have it or you don't! LOL

Hi Clive,

I do remember you commenting on the on-board wifi, but I thought it was
only morning tea time not lunch time on the day of the release of the
RPi3B. LOL.

I think I still need to do my due diligence and try things for myself. I
can't just say "Clive said". ;)

I have a suspicion that there might be a RPi3B driver "issue" because
the low "dropped packets" doesn't correlate with the signal quality and
ping results. It has the lowest dropped packets figures I have seen but
doesn't work as well as a cheap wifi adaptor that has 100's or 1000's
times the dropped packets. :confused:

regards
Greg