hi everyone,
i'm totally new on this forum although I've been using LMS for quite
some time now ...

I just started using picoreplayer on a raspberry/ess dac combination
from audiophonics a few days ago

It appears to be unstable on hires audio and I can't really find the
reason

my overall configuration is :
- vdsl internet (20Mb/s effective bandwidth)
- qobuz hires streams (between 1mbps and 6 mbps audio streams 16/44 up
to 24/192)
- LMS multiroom server wire ethernet (1gb)
- raspberry V2 + ess DAC 9023
- ethernet 100mb wire connection
- latest picoreplayer distro
- squeezelight with no resampling

on low res (mp3 up to flac 16/44) everything is OK

On hi-res, the behaviour is the following :
- starts streaming (audio is OK)
- then stalls/eats data blocks/ plays garbage
- then starts again for a few seconds
- then stalls again, etc...

When playing, the squeezelite process eats 1-4% of cpu
when stalling, squeezelite eats 25% of cpu (meaning 100% of one core)
no io wait on top statistics ...

There is a bottleneck somewhere... but where ?
Unlikely to be on the wire section : I can stream HD vod on my player
connected on the same switch.
most likely on the raspberry side : hardware? software ?

did you see this before ?
Any hint on how to solve this ?

Thanks