drmatt wrote:
> Codec support on the Pis depends on the software stack not hardware, and
> the SB3 is likely to be your limiting factor in terms of codec support
> anyway.
>
> And yes if you sync all players and one or more of them has a playback
> bitrate limit applied then the whole group will receive the same bitrate
> limited stream. LMS will generally calculate the common capability of a
> group and use that.

I'm not sure I understand that comment on the software stack vs
hardware...

Do you meant that (ignoring the SB3) running Squeezelite on the Pi's
means they will all appear to the server as being able to handle
basically anything... and the Pi will handle any codec downgrading
needed? Meaning all the other PI's will still play at the better
quality?

Or will they present the soundcard limitation back to the server and
it'll downgrade everything.

(sorry for the n00b Q's)