s2kiwi wrote:
> I'm running a dedicated linux 2.4Gz machine (ethernet connected) for the
> LMS so no problems there.
>
> What about if the SB3 isn't in the group - will everything just run at
> the native file stream and the Pi will do the downgrading where needed
> (or does the Pi tell the server the hardware capabilities)?

Good to hear i run annintel nuc nowadays as server ( time to edit My sig
)

For the other Q i havent any USB DAC's to try with it's a big maybe from
me and i do buy try to buy downloads <24/96 so i have very few 24/192 or
"better" ( as I find them pointless) that would be transcoded by one of
My rpi3 as ive use that for My main meridian rig and ive set up
squeezelite to do 24/96 (-3db) for everything there as it handles 24/96
max .

These are kind of fringe cases :) serving 24/192kHz synced to dozens of
players .

Try to not fiddle with LMS so that it sends PCM/WAV to all players
instead of FLAC , if you just don't meddle with the file types settings
your good .
It's a popular myth that WAv sounds better but you basically gets double
the bandwith requirements and it's usually not a problem excepts you
wants to sync 9 players and FLAC uses much less bandwith and player
buffers will last longer all works in your favour .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )