I have pCP running on a Pi 3 B+ connected via HDMI to my Denon receiver
which then connects via HDMI to my TV.  I had jivelite going which is
cool but the TV isn't a touchscreen so the "now playing" info was all I
was really interested in.  I've been messing around this weekend with a
console style status screen.  Still in its' infancy and it took some
head banging to get the alsa config correct.  Just thought I'd show you
what I'm working on use this thread to keep some notes - I'm usually
pretty bad about doing that.

'tmux' (https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki) let's you carve up the screen
(amongst a bunch of other things) which is something I thought would be
critical for this effort.  So far I've only got cava working and haven't
really investigate what other console apps would be useful.  Converting
album art to ascii art for display in one of the console sections would
be cool.

'cava' (https://github.com/karlstav/cava) is a console based audio
visualizer.

Let's see if the .gif works.  This is captured via an ssh session but it
works on the locally attached monitor also (but not at the same time
yet.)

[image: https://www.strongspace.com/shared/dgxs4yuwoj]