I'm not sure what's going on here (and even if this has always been the
case), because I mostly play complete albums. But I've noticed that when
I have a certain playlist at the time I press "play" via the web
interface (or the Jivelite screen), the player stops after that initial
list has run out, even if I've added additional tracks in the meantime.
I've enabled squeezelite debugging and it appears that squeezelite never
gets the new stream. The player just switches to pause (and the web
interface looks like the "last" track was not started yet), just like
when it really runs out of tracks.

Both the web interface and Jivelite show the complete playlist with
later additions.