D1eter wrote:
> I wasn't aware that squeezelite's audio conversion is preferable to
> ALSA's. Is hw:0,0 better then? CPU usage is the same for both with the
> material I own.

My experience has been that the libsoxr resampling library included with
squeezelite provides better default and configurable resampling settings
compared to the default resampler used in alsa.  You can change the
default resampler for alsa.

D1eter wrote:
> I gather that for jive_alsa it is better to use plughw: to benefit from
> this feature? Plus jive_alsa uses very little CPU with plughw: so I
> guess I'll just use SqueezePlay without hacks.

If you use hw: with jive_alsa and the audio device doesn't support the
sample rate of the stream, jive_alsa will close the hw: device and
reopen with plughw: to use the alsa resampler as jive_alsa does not have
native resampling support like squeezelite.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.