paul- wrote:
> USB will work, but it won't be stable enough for USB audio.

Ok, then it is no problem here, because I use a Hifiberry for the 3B+.
Only my Pi4 with LMS uses USB output.

And for the in place update, it's no problem, I just wanted to know.
So I think I can upgrade my 3B+ as there is not so much to configure
(only Hifiberry, Jivelite and the 7" display) and and I can easily start
from scratch.

Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB; Pi3B+ (7"
Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCoreplayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for
Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone; two Airport Express