mherger wrote:
> > Couldn't the problem happen with any flac file, as long as some flac
> > compression mode is being used?
>
> That's correct. But if it's your own, you got the freedom to re-encode
> it.
>
> > Maybe we could detect that level?
>
> Unfortunately this seems not to be possible. I googled around for it,
> but all I've found was that this wasn't possible.
>
> > Also, I don't fully remember the problem, but @bpa, doesn't that only
> > happens with Boom and some models, right? If it does, could we make a
> > transcode rule that only applies to these models?
>
> Yes, I believe it's ip3k only. There seems to be some logic to limit
> certain rules to some players only. But TBH. I haven't figured it out
> yet.
>
> My suggestion really is a band aid to get TIDAL working without breaking
>
> other stuff. It actually doesn't really work... seeking with flac ->
> flac transcoding doesn't work. My latest custom-convert.conf would
> simply disable flac->flac and only transcode to PCM/AIF, as that seems
> to do the trick, without breaking seeking.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I was thinking more about differences between variable and fixed block
size which can be detected in STREAMINFO header. So far, it seems that
almost all flac are coded with fixed block but I was wondering is higher
compression level would not trigger use of variable block which then
cause the problem on older devices. We can now parse such header so we'd
know and could use different rules.

About rules, would something like "flc flc boom *" (e.g.) work for Boom
only players and do the trick?

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3