bpa wrote:
> I'm not sure if I made the subtly of the issue clear.  The problem
> relates to two very specific limited use cases - Cue/Flac & Tidal/Flac.
>
> The flac command does not support the "--skip" option if input is from
> stdin.
>
> With flac/cue files, if no resampling is required, LMS will process flac
> file and skip to right point and direct stream to player
> With flac/cue file, transcoding with flac & sox will be used if
> resampling is required. I think the "--skip" option will appear if not
> playing from 0.  The flac  command with "--skip" will fail if input is
> from stdin.
>
> Creating a tdlflc would solve the current issue (i.e. IFT for Tidal and
> FT for cue/flac),
>
> The Tidal problem affects a few high compression Tidal track causing
> stuttering on ip3k players.
>
> I believe Tidal can supply 96kHz tracks (albeit with MQA).
> If LMS were to play these track to a SB3 - resampling would be required.
>
> If a user were then to ffwd within the track I think the same issues
> with flac/cue would occur.
> Is this too specific a user case to worry about ?

I looked a bit more and had to refresh my memory.

The issue seems to me that when we use "I" and seek, then LMS does a
HTTP range request to reach the guessed offset (I worked on that flac
header parsing & building for 8.0) so the flac decoder does not have a
STREAMINFO header, it's just streamed flac.

In that case, it does not seem to rebuild a proper WAV header and as
consequence sox fails to resample. This is what I observe in the
conversion log. I feel it can be fixable by either forcing flac decoding
to build a proper header or by using raw and giving sox the raw
parameters

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3