bpa wrote:
> In 6.* & early 7.* sample size was not an issue then because it always
> 16 bit.  I remember dealing with those instances. PCM used to be within
> LMS CD i.e. always 44.1kHz 16bits fixed etc.  There were a few rules
> outputting raw pcm - remember (i) at the time there was no 96Khz /12 bot
> audio and (ii) in those cases the application ffmpeg/mplayer/wavcmd
> could do the change to output a raw CD format PCM.
>
> As formats have become more varied, I was concerned that we do not have
> to revisit this bit of code again in the future to add more format
> option.  I do prefer a generic solution rather than a Tidal specific
> one.

So we agree? This is not a tidal specific solution, but a generic flac
one.

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3