A few results. When Tidal streaming got stuck again, today, I checked a
few things.

- The faad and flac processes had the same memory footprint as usual.
- The LMS would still spawn new faad and flac processes when skipping
  tracks.
- Local FLAC files (16 bit / 44.1 kHz) would play fine without
  down-sampling.
- Local FLAC files (24 bit / 96 kHz) would play equally fine with
  down-sampling (to 48 kHz).
- Deezer Smart Radio would play fine.
- Connecting players to the LMS seemed a bit slow but worked.

Unfortunately, squeezelite would not connect to the server as it had
last night, so I didn't test direct streaming from Tidal, but I will,
next time. In a vain hope that it would help squeezelite to connect, I
restarted the LMS, and Tidal streaming was fixed.

scaleo home server 2105 & picoreplayer 6.1.0 | logitech media server
8.0.0 | server power control 20120716.103808 |
transporter & duet & touch & boom & radio | rotel rc-995 & rmb-100 |
nubert nuvero 140