carsten_h wrote:
> Sure, you can do this. You don't have to use the udev rule for switching
> off the DAC. Then Squeezelite will still be running.

Well, at least you and Chill know the udev rule is working as you
intended, right?

But, yes, that was what, indeed, happened before implementing the udev
rule.  Squeezelite stayed on even when I put the dac into standby.  But,
if I rebooted PCP or restarted Squeezelite with the dac in standby mode,
Squeezelite would not start unless the DAC was in its powered up state.
So, I had to remember to power up the dac prior to any restart or
reboot.  It'd be really cool if Squeezlite would restart itself even if
it saw that the dac was in a powered off state.

Rg

System information
Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME
ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305
subs.

Home Theatre:  RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

LMS  8.1.0 - 1608700893 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.