Paul Webster wrote:
> Next enhancement to the script ... have it work with HDMI as the
> Squeezelite player.
>
> I just experimented - and event with hdmi_force_hotplug=1 in config.txt
> ... squeezelite does not start up if TV not connected (my test set-up
> slightly unusual because I have set dtoverly to use kms rather than fkms
> which results in different device names).
>
> I can't test more at the moment because TV in use for watching but other
> household members.

That's interesting - I don't think I've encountered any problems with
squeezelite not starting up when the TV is powered off. Jivelite yes,
squeezelite no.  And when I looked at fixing this for Jivelite I recall
that I didn't spot anything in dmesg when the TV was turned on.  But my
memory is a bit hazy so I'll take another look.