jeroen2 wrote:
> I bought the 3.5" and can confirm it works out of the box. Setting the
> rotation to zero fixed the issue with the touchsensors being upside down
> from the screen, but oddly it didn't change the actual display
> rotation..
>
> It's pretty cool, and the touch function works really well for such a
> small screen. Attached with a Pi3 and a HifiBerry Digi, fully functional
> player that took me half an hour to build, total price about 100 euros
> for a mini Squeezebox Touch. :-)  With the screen being the same size as
> the Pi it should probably be easy to put in a box as well.

I just got the 3.5" version working as well and noted the same thing
about the touch calibration being upside-down. It was pretty confusing
at first trying to set the Jivelight language to English and I kept
getting some other language.;)

I'll probably get a front panel CNC machined by Modushop for one of
their chassis and mount the display behind the panel. They do excellent
work for reasonable $$. Probably 'this one'
(https://diyaudiostore.com/collections/chassis/products/2u-w-steel-covers?variant=12174833028).
I also have a Khadas Tone Board coming to mate up with the Pi for this
build. Also want to try to get a rotary encoder running on this setup.