The issue of where to put those darn JDBC drivers has come up a few
times in the last week or so on the -user list and has historically been
a bit of an issue.

I would like to propose no longer using a JNDI configured DataSource by
default. With the consolidated Spring configuration I would like to
create a dataSourceContext.xml as a place to configure JDBC DataSource
objects. RDBMServices would be deprecated and re-worked to provide
access to the DataSource objects from the Spring context. As work
progresses to move more components into a Spring managed world they
could bypass RDBMServices and simply have the DataSource injected directly.

-Eric