Ok thank you I will be interested to have some information about your knowledge.

Anyway do you use WURFL and WNG taglib?
At least the filter can be shared because it has nothing to do with JSF. It is Java classes based on WURFL.

For your information: ESUP is based on ESUP-commons
I am translating the beginning of this page: http://www.esup-portail.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1867791:
"Description
Esup-commons is the framework to develop application of the consortium ESUP-Portal.
It is based on Spring, JSF and Ibatis/Hibernate. It propose many services  to help the developer with a methodology to develop."
So it is highly suggested to us to follow the recommendations made by the consortium.

They are going to have a new version of esup-commons (V2) that is still based on JSF.

Regards,
Fred

PS: It is more than 6pm on this side of the Atlantic so I will leave the office in this hour.