On 16 Mar 2007, at 18:02, Ian Wood wrote:

On 16 Mar 2007, at 17:25, Dave wrote:

Hi All,

Please take a look at the handler copied below. This is an adaptation of Ian Wood's "export snapshot.rev" stack that can be downloaded from Rev Online.

Oops.

What I *hadn't* said about the stack is that it was put together as part of a bug-hunting exercise which I haven't yet reported on Bugzilla. :-(

Export snapshot appears not to release RAM once it has been used an unknown number of times. BUT - it's only in the IDE as standalones are fine. This is with 10.4.8, Rev 2.7.4 & 2.8.0.

How did I find this out? Running a soak test on my QTVR to video app, only to come back later and find that a G5 with 4GB RAM was running out of memory...

Ok, thanks for this. I only have 2GB of RAM so it hits the problem sooner.

Richard reports that it works ok on his system, - Richard did you set the Fill Color of the Graphic to Green? Actually any color seems to cause it.

All the Best
Dave