From: "Bob Warren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Obviously, for a 9-month feature development cycle, there would need to be a strictly-defined "cutoff" point so that adequate public beta testing could begin (say at 6 months?).

I have to agree with you here that a longer version cycle with bug fixes released at shorter intervals would be to my mind preferable. However I suspect there may be some important (to RR) financial reasons for following the cycle they currently use. That in itself may well make their current method desirable to us though we may not realize it....

Scott