Hi Guys,

As a parallel [ and maybe to Jean-Sebastien's Shagrin :) ] I was doodling with SSS [ Sub Surface Scattering ] in MESSIAH. Delighted to see Timo developing an SSS Shader for RS as I was exporting RS Models via OBJ into Messiah to doodle with. At the MESSIAH forum over at CGTALK their is a big thread devoted to SSS in Messiah, but with some really nice observations and info which would apply to SSS in general, worth a read for those interested:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=377706&page=1&pp=15&highlight=subsurface

This was started by Gary Chike. Some nice SSS renders through out. I said this to TIMO at the IRC, he had a look too.

The hand mesh used at this thread throughout can be downloaded from:

http://shapes.aim-at-shape.net/viewgroup.php?id=354#

This if you want a go at Timo's Shader with the hand for comparison. Heres a link to Timos shaders etc:

 http://3ddart.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=6523#6523

Their now you have the complete RS SSS Starter kit. No doubt Timo will update his shader as he goes. Great work Timo TA VERY MUCH!

Cheers
Aidan