Hi Guys,

Been doodling with Timo,s SSSish Shader, great stuff. Here is a render from my efforts called Candleshack :)

http://www.tidalsound.com/3dstuff/ssstest2.png

Using the same mesh, This is another render BUT with PMG messiahs SSS / translucency shader:

 http://www.tidalsound.com/3dstuff/candleshack.jpg

Thanks TIMO,

cheers
Aidan

At 20:55 23/11/2006, you wrote:
On 23/11/06, Mark Heuymans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 18:26 23-11-2006, you wrote:
>All procedurals. It's just the std wrinkle material, some cell bumps
>and a simple noise+if for the veins. I used vertex channels for
>controlling the bumps and SSS color.

Works nicely. Procedurals can be great: no tiling, no lost
textures... it just takes some time to come up with something
interesting  It's amazing what's possible by combining noise and
cells, I've spent whole evenings playing with these (and cellular,
scratches and bricks of course). Any plans to animate it or place it
in its natural habitat?

Natural habitat maybe, but I'd rather not animate it: the render times
are too long.

>We came to the conlusion that these things live in shallow water and
>grab on to your gonads when you swim there. The purple things have
>strong neurotoxins and acids in them, so basically it immobilizes (or
>kills) you and then melts and eats your nether regions.

Interesting species, a perfect present for the neighbours!

-Mark H