The last time I checked Softimage was 400$.
It's been a while like that, many software are released cheaper and cheaper if not free.

I don't care if Realsoft is the most expensive software (it's expensive compared to other). I chose it. I knew what I was doing when I invested on it. Maybe micrososft will incluse truespace in their next vista service pack to improve it's sales.

Releasing free software is killing any improvement of sofware, because the motivation/competition is just not there anymore.

Jean-Sebastien Perron
www.CombadZ.com