Hi Stefan,

big sorry for my "ignorance".
I was under stress, while writing and reading mails.
(OK, that's not the best explanation, my head
was somewhere outside maybe.
Hopefully this behaviour will not return.
If i do it again, hit me on my fingers)

In your second experiment:
================
>>> 2. Duplicate the spherical Mapping in the Sphere1 level so you get this..
>>> Sphere1Level
>>>  Sphere
>>>  SphereMap1
>>>  SphereMap2 (Rotate this 90 deg)
>>> (The same problem here, only the effects of the 2nd SphereMap is giving
>>> result)
================
That's maybe because the fade is set to 0(zero)
in the beginning of the shader.

My wondering was, that the fade is not working
as exspected (like clipping, but with the option to get smooth
transparent areas) when having 2 or more objects in the same space :-?
Because the "fade" was always a good alternativ solution
to make objects invisible, without having to fiddle around
with highlights or something else like the fiddling when using
transparency.

I'll grab out the field evaluator thinks today.

Best regards,
Matthias

(While behaving only a little bit bad, don't hit to hard, please ;-)