Hi Matthias..

Hi Stefan,

big sorry for my "ignorance".
I was under stress, while writing and reading mails.
(OK, that's not the best explanation, my head
was somewhere outside maybe.
Hopefully this behaviour will not return.
If i do it again, hit me on my fingers)

Apology accepted !
Its ok, I know how things can be when being under stress or just having my mind on many things..

btw I am not much of a hit kind of guy.. (lucky for me and others as I am 100kgs and fairly strong=)

In your second experiment:
================
2. Duplicate the spherical Mapping in the Sphere1 level so you get this..
Sphere1Level
 Sphere
 SphereMap1
 SphereMap2 (Rotate this 90 deg)
(The same problem here, only the effects of the 2nd SphereMap is giving
result)
================
That's maybe because the fade is set to 0(zero)
in the beginning of the shader.

Well I tested many things, including to change, delete, Inactivate and so on this and other things.. as well as changing modes, changing =+- adding stuff and so on, and other things.. for this and other in the material.
So I dont think that mattered..

Not sure what did matter =)

My wondering was, that the fade is not working
as exspected (like clipping, but with the option to get smooth
transparent areas) when having 2 or more objects in the same space :-?
Because the "fade" was always a good alternativ solution
to make objects invisible, without having to fiddle around
with highlights or something else like the fiddling when using
transparency.

As some of my findings showed, I think there is a bug or something that only shows up when EVERY surface part of the objects are exactly in the same place... Any type of object have this issue, two nurbs rectangle meshes renders half a cross, moving one of the points in either of them, just a tiny tiny bit, and the whole cross renders.. and so on.. If its an accuracy problem that cant be solved or an actual bug, that I am not the man to say, but I am sure Vesa or Juha can tell us =) At least there is an easy workaround as shown, that wont at all or will at least be hard to see a downside to...or ?

This issue (Objects in same place) can be something similar that I have experience when working with Nurbcurves.. Where I many times use the same Nurb curve to render as is creating the X-Sect mesh which was buggy, so the rendered curves at places and at some camera angles didnt render as they should.

I'll grab out the field evaluator thinks today.

Best regards,
Matthias

(While behaving only a little bit bad, don't hit to hard, please ;-)

I wont hit at all.. rofl your tooooooooo faaaar awaaaaay... or do you or I have too short arms and/or fingers ?=)

Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..