I did make an attempt to switch to 3dsmax and really wanted to like it,
but couldn't. RS fits me like a glove - and I'll probably stick with it
for a while. It would be great if innovative new developments were
announced but my hopes are dwindling.

If I can do anything to help within my limited available time I'll be
happy! There's a RS dedicated empty room in my virtual office waiting to
be filled but man it's so much work...

regards,
Mark Heuymans

Well, I think that the new developments I know of are interesting :-)
Good to see that you don’t like 3DS, I tried it and didn’t like it either.
But the .3ds import function works, so we all have access to a huge amount of
readymade objects if you like ;-)

Robert