Just to add my 2 cents...

We are very happy CQL users, running in production.

I have had no problems modeling whatever I have needed to, including
problems similar to the examples set forth previously, in CQL.

Personally I think it is an excellent improvement to Cassandra, and we have
no intentions to ever look back to thrift.

Michael Laing
Systems Architect
NYTimes